Hi gang:

What I am trying to do is after the user has selected an image to upload, I
want to display a gif while a file is being uploaded. (The gif can be seen at:
http://xn--ovg.com/a4.php )

I am trying to use ajax to accomplish this.

The following statement works great and does what I want:

<input type="submit" value="Submit" onClick="javascript:sndReq()" >

However, when I place the statement within a form, like thus --

<form method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="30000">
<input type="hidden" name="stage" value="1">
<input type="submit" value="Submit" onClick="javascript:sndReq()" >
</form>

-- the statement appears to no longer work.

The ajax script is using a 'get' and this form is using 'post' -- is this
something that can't be done (.e., simultaneous post/get) or am I doing it
wrong, or what's happening here?

Any ideas, suggestions, explanations, or comments welcomed?

Thanks in advance for your time.

tedd