jekillen wrote:
[···]
You misunderstand my question. I know the limitations of javascript. The server won't respond to events registered in the browser. I write tons of forms that are all processed by the client with javascript. I have written ferocious regex filters that hack apart form submissions before they even leave the client. I have set it up so if the client doesn't have javascript enabled, the form won't submit if it is going to the server. That is why as much as possible I shift form processing to the client as much as possible, for security and to off load work to the client. I use php to dynamically write js files when necessary, anticipating what data will be requested.

I didn't (misunderstood), what I told you is that you cannot rely on javascript (actually, that would be "anything coming from the client") You need to do validate on the server, and it doesn't matter if you already did it on the client or not (simply because you cannot know that for sure)

This is a problem that is more a matter of programming theory. I have posted to javascript forums and lists and have never got a response. I will be applying this to dhtml which the server won't and can't do but may help things along with Ajax. Just a simple suggestion about how to reorder arrays if you have a few words and suggestions. I'm not looking for free training. I have been learning and using php and javascript for some five years and have developed my own approach to testing and debugging and such. So I am not really a newby. I have made the dumb mistakes of asking for help from forums and lists when it was just a dumb syntax error that I couldn't expect anyone but my self to find, which i have in 99.9% of the cases. Some times it is nice to get some quick help from a list and I will try to return the favor when ever possible to the next person looking for help that I have some answers for.

Well, I asked you for the actual (JS) code you're using (the one that didn't work in all the intended browsers), that way someone might be able to help you (I will if I can)
--
Atentamente / Sincerely,
J. Rafael Salazar Magaña