Rabin Vincent wrote:
On 6/14/06, Ligaya Turmelle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Richard Lynch wrote:
> You realize that compiling PHP6 from CVS is, errr, not really for
> newbies... :-)
Yeah - I know.  but I am helping out the php qa team by writing some
phpt tests... and they prefer (though don't require) the tests also
include the unicode support.  which means PHP6.  As I told them - guess
that means it is time for me to learn something new.

> You do not seem to have the 'lex' command, which means you probably
> didn't install 'lex'
>
> you can Google for the error message (the last line or two) and find
> links to how to get it and install 'lex'
D'uh.  I have never heard of the lex command before...  Will search and
hopefully install it.  Will let you know how it goes.

Run this command: sudo apt-get build-dep php5

This will get you all the packages needed to build php5, which
should be most of what is needed for php6.

Rabin

Didn't know I could even do that - thanks.

--

life is a game... so have fun.