And hey yo, Jochem,
I did RTFM, for hours, I always do before I post to the list. I just

I'd tell you to RTFM (although I did tell you to read the manual regarding the specifics of using preg_replace()'s 'e' modifier after showing you a
working example of how to use it, based on your original code snippet)

Yes, I'm using your example right now to help me learn this preg_replace beast.

The php.net page on preg_replace was just to overwhelming for the exhausted state of mind I was in.

I did berate the fact that you waited no more than 7 minutes before
sending a 'help me' reminder regarding your original post.

No, that was a misunderstanding, I was just saying thanks to the guy who said, "why not just use ulfirst()." (Which I also missed on the php.net page on strings.)

missed all the answers in the fine manual this time. Cut me some slack.

cut you slack? are you a graphic designer or something?

How did you know? I was 'in' graphics for 30 years before I threw my hands up at that lunatic world and decided to become a programmer.

I love the printing industry but ever since the Mac took over everybody went nuts. The printers are still mad, after 15 years, that the Mac took away their razor blades and rubylith.

Checks in the mail.