From: Rafael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 6:28 AM
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] Re: Setting headers for file download

        I use something like this...
   $file_len = filesize($file_name);
   $file_ts  = filemtime($file_name);
   header('Content-Type: application/x-octet-stream'); // none known
   header('Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');
   header('Last-Modified: '. gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s', $file_ts) .' GMT');
   header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'.
basename($file_name) .'"');
   header("Content-Length: $file_len");
   readfile($file_name);

--