Hi gang:

So, there is NOT a way for one running php-application to call another and have
it run while having the parent quit?

For example, program "a" runs and presents the user with a web page. The user
responds in some fashion (i.e., enters text) and clicks "Submit". Then the
application analyzes the data and chooses to run application "d" from a list of
possible applications. NOTE: This is different than the user clicking a link to
run application "d". It is application "a" that's making the choice to run "d",
not the user. Can this be done?

Let me recap the solutions offered:

1. There was the suggestion to use includes(). However, includes simply adds
code into the current application. It does not terminate the parent nor start
another application. It simply bloats the parent.

2. There was the suggestion to use ob_start with header("Location: ..."); and
finish with ob_flush. However, the parent application never shows itself -- the
process simply cascades down to the end application. In this case, the parent
(as in the example above) would never show the user the text-box to enter
his/her text.

3. There was the suggestion to use js, which works and is the way I'm doing it
now. However, I wanted a php solution.

So, what say you fine php people, can anyone give me an example of a php
application running (i.e., calling) another? I suspect that php can't, but I
don't know why -- it doesn't seem logical. Is this one of those stateless
problematic thingies, or what?

Thanks.

tedd