Hi,

I'm trying to the MSXML DOM 3 from Visual Basic  and send XML to a PHP page
that sits on my Apache web server on SCO Unix.

This is my VB Code:

Dim xmlstr As New XMLHTTP30
Dim sXML As String
sXML = "Content-Type: text/xml;"
sXML = sXML & "<?xml version=""1.0""?>"
sXML = sXML & "<command><commandtext>Initialize</commandtext>"
sXML = sXML & "<returnsdata>True</returnsdata>"
sXML = sXML & "</command>"

xmlstr.open "POST", "http://mywebserver/somepage.php";, False
xmlstr.send sXML
Set xmlstr = Nothing

Pretty basic stuff. This succeeds, and at the Apache server level, in the
logs I can see the POST request go through. In the file "somepage.php" - all
I'm doing is running phpinfo() to see what the server thinks it's receiving.

<?
    phpinfo();
?>

Back at the VB level, I can see xmlstr.responseText which is the output from
phpinfo();

I am not getting any HTTP_POST_VARS like I expected to receive.

Has anyone done anything like this before? Is this mainly an issue with
Apache rather than PHP?

Thanks,
Sam