On windows, allow Apache service "to interact with the desktop"... in
the services manager GUI

Rgds

Venkat

******************

Greetings!

I was using popen and pclose on a previous version of PHP on Windows with an
older version of Apache (2.x). ( I think it was 4.4.1 but will need to check
as i am not sure).

pclose(popen("start " . $exe . " " . $args, "r"))

Where $exe is my path to the batch file and $args are the arguments for the
batch file. The batch file, in turn calls other batch files on a shared
folder on a different PC

On Windows, it would open up the dos window and run commands there and exit
and the PHP script that called the pclose would terminate loading on the
users' browsers.

Now, with PHP 4.4.2, the pclose and popen send the tasks to the background
and the dos window does not show up! As a result, killing the dos process is
not possible (i get access denied in windows...) and the users cannot see
the dos window when it runs.

I would like the php script to send the commands to a dos window, and the
php script to finish executing. I tried passthru, system, exec and
proc_open... and none of them work. None of them bring up the dos window.

Please help!

Regards

Venkat