tedd wrote:
At 6:26 PM -0400 6/23/06, Tom Ray [Lists] wrote:
I've run into something rather odd with cookies today. I'm working with this
admin section on a site and I'm setting a cookie that is supposed to be good
for one hour. So in the cookie I have time()+3600 and all was well or that was
until someone fired up IE. It seems that IE refused to set the cookie. After
much swearing at IE, I found that if I set it to time()+7200 the cookie would
be set.

Not if that wasn't odd enough, in Firefox if I logged in at 6PM the cookie said
it would expire at 8PM which is correct. However, when I logged in via IE at
6PM it said the cookie would expire at 23:00 hours (11PM for those who don't
know)...so my question is...why is this happening and why does IE do this? I
checked in Opera, Mozilla and Netscape and they all work the same as
Firefox.....

You answered the question yourself, you're testing IE. It sounds like M$ is
trying to make time to adapt to their standard.

But, you're not alone -- try Google with "IE cookies expiration"

tedd
BTW, I have a question: which is the preferred way to handle variables on the client side: cookies or sessions? Or are there situations where one should be used and the other should be used in these other situations.

--
Online library -- http://pueblonative.110mb.com
126 books and counting.