Hey,

> > Am really starting to like your emails on this
> list,
> > its different to say the least!
>
> seeing as you didn't threat to DoS my server I guess
> I'm
> not trying hard enough to be different ;-)

Oops, sorry about that, let me try again:
You <insert bad word here>, how dare you say that, I
am now going to DOS your server....after I learn how
to properly launch a DOS attack, and after I get a
botnet (i have one computer so far) and after I know i
can cover my tracks, and after i DOS others that
really irritate me (RIAA/MPAA etc).

Ok, its a horrorable threat but gimme a break, first
time I ever threatened to DOS anyone.
:o)

> > Why is it plain silly?

> for the block of data your going to enter in the db
> it's
> a single call to the function. and the cpu cycles
> required
> is peanuts in real terms. it's kind of similar to a
> call to
> output_add_rewrite_var() which essentially buffers
> and parse through
> the complete output of a given script - something
> which works fine under
> normal conditions (e.g. your not in the realms of
> yahoo-like levels
> of page views).
>
> if you have 1000's of users inserting/updating
> 'large' chunks
> of HTML all day ever day then you probably have a
> different
> problem - one that probably requires a server farm
> or something
> - but if your in that realm the not using of
> msyql_real_escape_string()
> will still not be the solution.

Hmm, thanks for clearing that up, as gratitude even
after i learn to DOS and have my botnet up in  a few
years I shall spare your server.

Cheers!
Ryan

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)