Hello,

on 06/29/2006 10:54 AM Rodrigo de Oliveira Costa said the following:
> Hy guys I'd like to know if there is a way to update a site through
> sending an email. Something like this, you send an email and the body
> of the email substitutes a text you use in your site. Igreat apreciate
> any help since I couldn't find anything on this topic.

Sure, you can send a message attaching the files you want to update in
your site to an address with a POP3 mailbox and then use a POP3 client
to retrieve and parse the message to extract the files to be updated.

You may want to try this POP3 client class that you can use for that
purpose.

It provides a cool feature that lets you retrieve messages from POP3
mailbox using PHP fopen or file_get_contents functions like this:

file_get_contents('pop3://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/1');

http://www.phpclasses.org/pop3class

You can also use this message parser class that lets you process your
messages and extract any files easily.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimeparser

Take a look at this example that demonstrates how to integrate both
classes easily to parse your message structure:

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/file/14695.html

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos