Hello,

Juanjo Pascual wrote:
> I have a problem with the mail function when I send a mail with acents
> or Ñ in the subject. When I receive the mail this caracters have been
> replaced by X.
>
> I'm using the mail function in this way:
>
> mail([EMAIL PROTECTED], 'Consulta Señalítica desde la página web',
> '<strong>Hola, esto es una prueba<strong>','From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]' . "\r\n"
>
> The mail subject when I receive the message is like this: Consulta
> SeXalXtica desde la pXgina web
>
> ¿How can I solve this problem?

Headers with non-ASCII characters must be encoded with q-encoding.

If you do not know how to encode headers that way, you may want to try
this class for composing and sending MIME messages that can encode
headers as needed. Take a look at the test_email_message.php example
script that shows how to send messages with accents like you are using:

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos