Stut wrote:

> I'm confused as to why you need a solution to this 'problem'. How likely
> is it that you'll have 2 users trying to access your site on the same
> machine at the same time? If it is likely (although I don't see how)
> then you need to design your session data as an array keyed on the
> username, but that would be very insecure.
>
> In short are you trying to solve a perceived problem when no such
> problem actually exists? Think about it for a while before jumping to
> working around it.

There are times when it's handy, but not often.

For example, when I'm debugging my code it is useful to be able to log
into my application's admin module (which uses sessions to ensure admin
rights) without blowing away my user session.

In my case, I flick between Firefox and Konqueror.

It would be nice to be able to separate the sessions generally though.
The case where you have several accounts is just one example.

Regards,
Austin.