This would be the simplest work-around I can think of.

In your config script, wrap an if around your function call:

if (!function_exists('clean_sql')) {
   function clean_sql() {

jon

Stephen Lake wrote:
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am having a small problem with a user defined function, I placed it in a config file and it works as expected, but the problem seems to arise only when I try to use my login script for a members area I am redeveloping.

The error message that comes up is the following:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_sql() (previously declared in C:\Apache2\htdocs\braille\config.php:94) in C:\Apache2\htdocs\braille\config.php on line 108

The problem is its claiming that I am trying to redeclare the function in the config file when there is only the original function.

I checked in other area's where this config file is being used and I do not get this error. Nor am I including other files that have the config included in them.

The problem is only in my login script. If anyone can give me a little insight into this error I would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Steve