On Thursday 20 July 2006 11:30, Chris W. Parker wrote:

> The answer doesn't even have to be specifically one way or the other. It
> could be a mixture of the two. Perhaps I use something like Drupal
> (which I have no experience with) for the CMS part and write my own
> ecommerce application. Or perhaps I write my own basic CMS and purchase
> an ecommerce application?

Drupal has its own ecommerce suite that is reasonably robust all on its own.

Drupal's main advantage: Whatever you're trying to do, odds are you can
already do it with some combination of existing modules.

Drupal's main disadvantage: There's a metric fuckton of modules and just as
many ways to combine them.  The "don't code, just configure" option is not
always easy to figure out because it's just so flexible.

(Disclaimer: I am a Drupal developer, albeit a minor one.)

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson