Hey all,

Just looked through the changelog for 4.0.5 and was suprised to see that
the socket functions had not been fixed,
(set_nonblock does not seem to work under linux), I have retried my
scripts under the new version but nothing seems to have changed,

For the time being I am going back to the network and filesystem
functions which do seem to be more reliable now.

I am a little confused though,about the following extracted from the
changelog:

> Fixed a compatibility problem in some file functions (fgets, fputs,
> fread, fwrite).
> The ANSI standard says that if a file is opened in read/write mode,
> fseek() should be called before switching from
> reading to writing and vice versa.

How does this affect calls to a fsockopen?

Can anybody else can confirm that set_nonblock() is indeed broken. If it
is I will make sure that the bug is reported.

Regards,

Joseph