Hi,

I have tons of images, which belongs to different users. In the software we
show to the users only the images that they have, but If they take the image
links manually they can also see the other images if they modify the image name
in the link.

Now, I can override the image request with apache rewrite and send the request
to a php file, which analizes the user rights and if the user has rights to see
that image. After that I output the image file with php this way:
            header("Content-Type: image/jpeg");
            header("Content-Length: ".filesize($fname));
            readfile($fname);

... where fname is the image file.

I want to know... is this a big performance issue or not(the image is handled
by php and not by apache directly)

OR...

Is there any other way to handle this situation???

Thanx,
Andy.