Kilbride, James P. wrote:
> I'm not going to comment on the rest of the stuff that was said, which
> is why I snipped it. I'm not a purist when it comes to OO at all. But I
> do have to say that while iterators in ruby are amazingly powerful that
> leave me going wow.. that is so cool.. The thought of how they could be
> abused and the thought of having to support that abuse in maintenance
> mode gives me shivers of pure fear. And the fact that classes can very
> easily be defined in half a dozen places means trying to figure out what
> code does by finding a class and it's declarations can become a
> nightmare.

you make very good points. it's tribute to php that code written in it is
so transparent comparitively speaking. it might a little less nimble and a bit
more verbose but when your debugging someone else's spaghetti that's a bonus :-)

but taking away flexibility doesn't take away the ability to write monsterous,
spaghetti OO - I'm quite sure I could write stuff like that whilst conforming to
any/all purist rules you want to throw at me ;-)

> Of course no we get off into the ruby versus php war.. maybe I shouldn't
> start this conversation at all...

no war here, move along, these are not the droids your looking for.