Hello,

on 08/05/2006 11:47 PM Robert Cummings said the following:
>>> If there was enough need for Metabase to support other layers then I'm
>>> sure the community would be submitting the code for you. But then again,
>>> you probably wouldn't accept outside code into your own codebase since
>>> that would violate your internal dislike for external code *lol*.
>>> Touché!
>> Your obcession to diss everything I say is preventing you to see the
>> things the way they are.
>
> You're deluding yourself as to your importance. I really don't have an
> obsession with you. Having had very little interaction with you in the
> past leaves me with a generally agnostic opinion. Furthermore I'm npt
> having any trouble whatsoever seeing the way things are. Perhaps you are
> the one having clarity trouble.

If you go and read your replies to my messages throughout this thread
you may notice a pattern of you trying to contradict almost everything I
said. When you ended the phrase above with the word "Touché", it seemed
that winning the argument was very important for you.

Robert, relax! I am not in this thread to compete with anyone. If
expresses disagreement with me, I think to myself that since I am not a
native english speaker, I may have not expressed myself clearly.
Therefore, I try to explain myself better.

If you still disagree after my explanations, that is ok, I will not be
upset because of that. I am not making myself important. My opinion is
mine, yours is yours, neither is necessarily better than the other.
There is no need for manifestations of excessive joy, as if winning an
argument is a big deal. That is my opinion, of course.

>> I do not have a problem using other people's code, my problem is relying
>> on packages that need to be evolved to address my needs but I do not
>> control of their development. I control Metabase development, therefore
>> there is no problem in accepting other peoples contributions of patches
>> or even complete drivers.
>>
>> As a matter of fact Metabase always had many, many contributions, unlike
>> you imagined, as you may see in the contributors roll with the
>> respective credit for the contributed work here:
>>
>> http://www.meta-language.net/metabase.html#3.1.4
>
> That's nice. So what are you complaining about?

I was not complaining, remember? I was just explaining that unlike you
stated, I do not have a problem with other people's code. I just would
rather not rely on packages that I don't control their development, as
it may cause inconvinient effects to the progress of my projects.

Somehow, I explained that in my post with advice for instance, of
excessive framework class interdependencies, PHP 5 dependent frameworks,
frameworks developed by people that did not try them much in real world
applications, etc..

>>> from browsing the source code. At any rate, he probably wasted time
>>> reading your article that purported to recommend a framework when in
>>> fact it had nothing of substantial value to say about any particular
>>> framework.
>> If you ever paid attention to what I wrote, my recommendation to the
>> original poster to read the article was about giving recommendations on
>> how to pick frameworks that suit his needs, rather than recommending any
>> specific frameworks. I am pasting the relevant quote of my original
>> reply so you can get a grip for once.
>>

>>> Anyway, you may want to read this more in depth reflection of the state
>>> of the PHP framework world and recommendations on how to pick what suits
>>> best for you:
>>>
>>> http://www.phpclasses.org/blog/post/52-Recommended-PHP-frameworks.html
>
> Oh I paid perfect attention. If you read what I originally wrote you'll
> see that I was commenting on the article itself that you suggested since
> I and many others find great fault with it. For your benefit I've pasted
> below my original comment:

I am afraid that you still do not get the point that I wrote an article
that I wanted to be green, it is written in the summary that it is
green, so people that do not like green do not bother reading it. Still
you are complaining that the article is not red as you think it should
be. What can I do for you? Nothing. Never mind.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.metastorage.net/