On Wednesday 09 August 2006 19:24, Jochem Maas wrote:
> Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Chris W. Parker wrote:
> >> Jack Gates <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >> Honestly I don't remember. But I've now got a generally negative
> >> view of FC5 versus previous versions (last one I used was 4 I
> >> think).
> >>
> >> If you're aware of any FUD that's been spread about it, feel
> >> free to speak the truth.
> >
> > If you want to really learn Linux, try Gentoo.  If you just want
> > a very good and easy to use Linux, go with SuSE.
>
> sane words. debian is a good alterative to Gentoo (and there's
> Ubuntu which is a more userfriendly derivative of debian).
>
> personally I prefer eating razor blade than using something from
> redhat - I have never used FC but if it's anything like RedHat
> Enterprise Server then I'd only use as a bookend (if at all) if I
> were you. ;-)
>
> FUD-tastic!
>
> > Jonathan

Chris,

Jochem just proved what I said earlier.

Every one has their own preference and some go so far as to claim that
the ones they just don't like are evil.  That is why there are so
many different flavors of Linux.  That is also what will continue to
hold Linux back in the market place and allow the truly evil OS to
hold there market share on the desktop.

--
Jack Gates http://www.morningstarcom.net/