Its not actually a dating site. :)
However it does look like the site that you have given has some
intresting resources.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Wes

On 8/13/06, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I'm looking to do a fairly large scale project.
>
>The problem is I don't know how much of it to write myself how much I
>could get away with using existing components (modified as necessary).
>
>Basically the different areas I would need are authentication,
>galleries (for images), permission levels.  Internal messaging (not
>real time), forums (hopefully I can just plugin an existing one but
>intregrated with my new so that registering users for the site
>registers for the forum and vice versa, also I would like each new
>gallery entry to create a new forum entry for that image).   Comments,
>ratings and such like. Sales (This would have to be a script written
>elsewhere, I am in no way confident when it comes to dealing with
>sensitve info like credit card details.) etc. etc.
>
>My other problem is even though I'm confident coding I find design
>very difficult I've a good idea of how the website would work but only
>in general terms.
>
>Out of the box mambo or drupal doesn't seem to do what I want really
>(obviously) but maybe they would give a good foundation in which to
>plugin my own building blocks, has anyone tried this?
>
>Regards,
>Wes

Wes:

I don't know if you would consider this or not, but it's an idea.
Please don't hammer me if I'm off-base.

It sounds like you may be writing a dating script, if so check out:

http://tufat.com/

The "osDateSkins" -- if nothing else, the designs are interesting.

hth's

tedd

--
-------