On Tue, August 15, 2006 1:50 pm, Jeremy Privett wrote:
> http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.upload-max-filesize
>
> In later versions of PHP, you can't use ini_set to set
> upload_max_filesize
> ... The changeable option is PHP_INI_PERDIR now, meaning you can only
> change
> it in php.ini, .htaccess or httpd.conf ...
>
> http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ini.php#ini.list
>
> Like it says in the user contributed notes on that page, you have to
> use
> php_value in .htaccess to adjust the setting.
>
> Example: php_value upload_max_filesize 20M

I do not know if it's still true, but at one time, if the
upload_max_filesize had already been set in httpd.conf/php.ini, the
.htaccess did not actually over-ride it, unless it was lower.

IOW, the actual max size was the MINIMUM of htppd.conf/php.ini (the
webhost) .htaccess (the application developer) and whatever was in
that special value in the FORM (the web designer)

This may have been a bug.
It may have been a feature.
It may no longer be true.
My memory could be completely wrong, too :-)

But, for sure, ini_set ain't gonna work as it's MUCH too late in the
game for a file upload change.

Also, I don't think '20M' will work in httpd.conf, as I don't think
Apache considers '20M' to be a valid numeric value...

You may need to use 20000000 to get aproximately 20 Meg.

You're on your own for whom to believe about what is the correct
number to get exactly 20 Meg. :-)

To solve the original problem, your safest bet is probably a different
setting inside the VirtualHost of the httpd.conf -- I'm pretty sure
that will follow the "rules" of VirtualHost inheritence and give your
special customers that extra leeway.

If all else fails, just crank up the number for everybody.  It
probably will make a lot of customers happy, and not hurt anybody very
much. :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm