Agreed...

-----Original Message-----
From: Skip Evans [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 8:25 AM
To: Gerry D
Cc: Larry Garfield; php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] Shopping cart

Granted, the shopping cart/credit card processing
modules I've been required to write have not been
massively complex, but I am still a bit baffled
why so many fully qualified programmers
automatically leap to Xcart, OSCommerce, and other
such solutions when shopping carts are not at all
difficult to write.

I've found the third party jobbers I've looked at
to be messy code-wise, and that's being polite.

If you have anything custom to do, if the cart
doesn't work just the way you want it, you'll
spend more time trying to get OS and X doing what
you want then just writing it yourself.

But that's just my opinion.

--
Skip Evans