Larry Garfield wrote:

I'm watching this thread closely myself, as I'd love something to use at home (on Linux) that doesn't cost what Zend does. :-) Currently I use PHPeclipse, but it is frankly not that good (the code assistance feature is rudimentary at best), and I've not setup the debugger yet. That, and Eclipse itself is just a dog slow memory hog.

It would have been nice if PHPEclipse had been given the support it needed to become the 'preferred' PHP addon for Eclipse rather than being kneecapped by Zend who only want to promote their commercial interests.

PHPEclipse does it's job well, and is much more feature rich than PDP-IDE. Had a little more support been given then we would have a totally free IDE and would not be waiting for features that still need to be written in PHP-IDE :(

I switched to PHPEclipse some time ago, and it does all that I need. I had a debugger working at one time, but now all the 'debugging' is done via inline functions rather than having to knobbly operation with an external tool. I've not had to 'single step' a module for some time ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL