Hi!!

What I do is just this:

$_ar = array();

  while($_field = mysql_fetch_row($_result))
  {$_aloft["$_field[0]"] = "$_field[1]";}

  while(list($_key,$_val) = each($_ar))

On 8/30/06, Christopher Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm looking for a native method for taking all of the values from one
column of a query result and creating an array of those values.
Procedurally, I'd tend to want to do this:

<?php
$my_id_array = array();
$query_result = $_DB->query("SELECT my_id FROM my_table");
while ($row = $query_result->fetchRow())
   $my_id_array[] = $row['my_id'];
?>

Heck, ColdFusion has the ValueList function which does exactly what I
want (of course, it returns a delimited list [string], not a native
array, but the one-step method is there).  Is there anything in
PHP-land that does that?  Or am I pretty much stuck using some
variation of the code above?

Christopher Watson
Principal Architect
The International Variable Star Index (VSX)
http://vsx.aavso.org