From: Alex Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:31 PM
To: Peter Lauri
Cc: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: RE: [PHP] Crazy behavior...

Peter,

When it arrives at the browser, via ajax, I am guessing that you then put it
into the page view .innerHTML or some other method.

I suspect your problem revolves around asking the browser to do stuff it
should not really have to do.

There are two issues I would like to highlight with the html.

1) You are mixing TH and TD on the same row.  You should be using styles to
set the different presentations of the elements.
2) You have placed a paragraph section between the table tag and the first
tr tag.  This is wrong.

I suspect that the browser is managing to cope with this markup when
presented as a static page but is unable to figure out how to update an
existing page with it.  If you fix the html to be standards compliant then
the chances are all will be well.

If it is not - by all means get back to me :-)

Best wishes

AJ

Alexander J Turner Ph.D.
www.deployview.com