On Friday 08 September 2006 00:35, Robert Cummings wrote:

> > The damned thing is, the 4KB mark is reached while outputting the
> > left-side navigation bar.  The way the CMS is structured (I didn't write
> > it), that happens before any page-specific content is even loaded.  There
> > shouldn't be anything different about the code there yet.
> >
> > I've been unable to figure out why it happens.  Any idea what to check?
> > I'm stumped.
> >
> > The server itself is (get this) a Windows/IIS box running PHP 4.0.6 (yes,
> > really) and MS SQL server via ODBC.  I unfortunately do not have direct
> > access to the box, so I can't check server logs myself.
>
> Binary search using error_log() and __LINE__ output to track down where
> the thing dies.

Binary search?  I must be using a different definition than you are, since I
don't know what a binary search would do for me when trying to track down a
problem with output. :-)

I suppose it is possible that it's dying at some point other than where the
output is stopping.  I've localized where the output stops; it's always at
the end of a given loop iteration in the code that generates the sidebar; at
the end of the loop that passes the 4 KB mark, it seems.

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson