I have a web form where trusted people will be inputing information that they usually copy/paste out of MS Word. While the people are trusted... MS Word isn't. I keep getting garbage characters in there, usually associated with Smart Quotes. If I take the content out of the DB, throw it into BBEdit and use the convert to ASCII command that solves the problem.

Is there some way I can filter/convert this information before it gets to the mysql database?

--
Kevin Murphy
Webmaster: Information and Marketing Services