Beauford wrote:
I have a form which I want to check for inappropriate words before it is
posted. I have used explode to put the string into an array using a space as
the delimiter and then I check it against another array that contains the
inappropriate words.
I then replace the inappropriate words with *'s and join the array back into
a string.

This works perfectly except for one thing.

If the word in the string has a any kind of punctuation after it (period,
comma) it won't be matched.

So if moron is an inappropriate word then "you are a moron" works, but "you
are a moron." won't.

Any ideas?

$filtered = str_ireplace(array('naughty','words'),array('*','*'),$_POST['input_string']);

jon