On 26 Sep 2006, at 23:52, Richard Lynch wrote:

You start using that PHP5 private/protected stuff, and it just doesn't
make sense to coerce it to an array, imho.

I'm quite aware of that, and in this case I'm using it in a one-off string-and-glue fix for a specific problem until I fix it properly. The original question wasn't whether it was a good idea or not, but that it didn't act as the docs said it did. In the mean time, you might like to know that this behaviour IS apparently considered correct and a patch to documentation has been committed.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk/