Is anyone using PHP5 on Linux to connect to MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows and execute stored procedures with output parameters within a transaction? If so, how?

I'm trying to do something like this in the PHP application:

begin transaction
execute a stored procedure, receiving an identity back
if certain conditions are met
   execute another stored procedure, getting an identity
if certain other conditions are met
   execute another stored procedure, getting an identity
if any of the above procedures fail
   rollback transaction
else
   commit transaction

I ran into some problems using both PDO and the mssql_* functions (if someone is successful using one of these, I'll likely be asking in a future message for help with the problems I'm encountering).

I'm just asking to see if anyone is successfully doing what I'm trying to do, and if so, what method is being used to accomplish it.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

--
Rick Emery