Ave,

I saw this at the Key.Com website for Keybank Customers. When you go to
their website to login to view your account, they ask you to register your
computer for the first time. Once your computer is registered, you can
access the account using that computer. You can choose to Not register that
computer and you won¹t be able to access the account using that computer in
future.

What exactly are they doing?
Can PHP record the MAC Address of the NIC in the computer? Or are they just
recording the IP and creating an IP based filteration?

I¹m looking to implement a similar security system for one of my
applications.

Any advice?

Rahul S. Johari
Supervisor, Internet & Administration