2006/10/4, Deckard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

I'm trying to lay my hands on PHP OOP, but it's not easy :(
I've read several examples in the web, but cannot transpose to may case.

I'm trying to set a class to make SQL inserts in mysql.

I have the class:
<?php

  class dBInsert
{
  // global variables
  var $first;

// constructor
function dBInsert($table, $sql)
{
  $this->table = $table;
  $this->sql   = $sql;

  return(TRUE);
}

  // function that constructs the sql and inserts it into the database
  function InsertDB($sql)
   {

    print($sql);
    // connect to MySQL
    $conn->debug=1;
    $conn = &ADONewConnection('mysql');
    $conn->PConnect('localhost', 'deckard', 'ble', 'wordlife');

        if ($conn->Execute($sql) === false)
        print 'error inserting: '.$conn->ErrorMsg().'<BR>';

        return (TRUE);

and the code that calls it:
<?php

include_once("classes/dBInsert.php");
$sql = "INSERT INTO wl_admins VALUES ('',2)";
$dBInsert = new dBInsert('wl_admins', '$sql');
$dBInsert->InsertDB('$sql');

?>

but it's not working ?

Can anyone give me a hand here ?