On Friday 06 October 2006 21:59, Rahul S. Johari wrote:
> I'm not sure if I understand your point then! I have about 80 fields in
> that database that are fetched and displayed on the page using this code.
> If there's a simpler way to do this, and have it work the if() else() error
> as well, I would love to know about it...

Dunno but this:

 ... for ($i = 1; $i <= $record_numbers; $i++) { $row =
dbase_get_record_with_names($db, $i);
 if ($row['PHONE'] ...

looks like my c++ source of kde, quite heavy. Yes I'm sure a lot of ppl on
this list like it like that, but from what I've learned is that projects
needs modifications from time to time. and a lot of jibberish like this
probably would have caused me a great deal of stress under a time table.

I would go on a problem like this with this solution

select whatever_tables_needed from $db where info=$hastomatch
whilethis and that {
        show it all in a fancy form;
}else{
        do_woop_that_thing and show something else;
}

That would only leave me with the $thekey  info.

OR, reflecting on yer problem; would there be a possability that $thekey is
not at all valid?

Whereas you would need to add an error if the select renders no hit

--
---
Børge