Yes you are right, but I guess you can decide which is worse: sending
extra data in one query or send extra queries.  I guess it depends on
how many records we're talking about...

Brad also brings up a good point I hadn't considered.  I do think an
OUTER join is possible, perhaps depending on your mysql version...

Which brings up something I had meant to say before, which is that
this isn't actually a PHP question... :)

John W

But, in this case I will have repeating order_date and order_status info?

id    order_date    status    file_name
12    2006-10-09    live      file1.jpg
12    2006-10-09    live      file2.jpg
12    2006-10-09    live      file3.jpg