# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2006-10-11 14:28:21 +0200:
> Actually, - believe it or not - I have never written a class (I am
> still learning PHP after three years working with that language). So
> I am not quite sure of the benefits of your class.

    Nevermind then. I don't know how to fit my experience into a short
    email, so I'm not going to explain it, just replace the class with
    whatever pays the bill.

> Let me try to sum up:
>
> With a preg_replace_callback I am able to look for a pattern like: a
> number ( float or integer ) followed by whitespace followed by one,
> two, three or more characters, followed by a closing character.
>
> e.g.: "((\d{1,10}[,|.]*\d{0,10})*(\s)(\D{1,3})([$|\s|.|,|\)|/]+|$))"
> (untested)

    that's wrong unless you want e. g. these to match:

    1|2|3|4 (^)
    000000|,.|||| [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> If preg finds a match, it will pass an array to the specified
> function. In that function I evaluate the unit, see if it is in my
> array containing the conversion "table". If that is the case,
> calculate the new value and return everything. Right?

    Yes.

> I will get back with this new approach.
>
> BTW, 0.32/0.34 seconds includes: calling the original html page from
> an outside server, loading this page into the DOM parser

    (...) ok then

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.