On 10 Oct 2006, at 19:57 , Dave M G wrote:
It took me a little while to realize that the Spamassassin always says that an email is possible scam if it has any score above zero, but it takes a score of 5.0 to actually be deleted as spam.

No no no, this is not at all true.

First off, Spamassassin does not delete mail. It, in point of fact, CANNOT delete mail as it has no mechanism to do so.

Anyone who is automatically deleting mail on their own with a score of 5.0 or higher _will_ miss some legitimate email. Not might, WILL. Even at a score of 10.0 (where I auto-delete my mail) you will miss as much as 0.004% legitimate mail, iirc. (so, 4 messages in 100,000)

most good email will score between -3 and +1 in Spamassassin if you've been running it for any length of time. Your message scored

        SPF_PASS autolearn=no version=3.1.0

So, a -2.4 which, last I checked was something like 99.97% likely to be ham.

--
Well I've seen the Heart of Darkness/Read the writing on the wall/and the voice out in the desert/Was the voice out in the hall