hi...

I'm looking to create a webapp. I'd rather not spend my wheels spinning on
creating functionality from scratch when it already exists in other apps.
so, I'm trying to find out if there are good 'starting' templates/shells
that I might be able to use as a starting point. I've seen various plain web
templates that cover the look/feel. I've also seen the open source CMS kinds
of solutions (Mambo/phpBB/etc..) that I could use to rip apart for an
initial starting point for the functionality that I'll need..

I've also taken a look at the Pear/Smarty solutions, but they're not quite
what I'm searching for...

I'm looking for a starting app that would have menus/submenus, user
registration/login/management/admin section as a start... I could then
incorporate the functionality that I'm looking to create...

Basically, I'll add a number of sections to manage software that I'll be
creating. The end site won't be a CMS app, but I could rip out of an app
what I need. The issue I've seen with some CMS apps is that they appear to
write 'everything' into a db!!! (which kind of makes sense if you're
creating an app for use by lots of users/operators)

I'm more concerned with the functionality of the app than the look/feel.
There is also somewhat of a time constraint.

So, Thoughts/Comments/Etc... are all helpful.

Thanks!