As I cannot think of a class-based way to build my report, I think I'll use a
customer class
everywhere BUT in the report.  Inside the report I'll just use one SQL
statement instead of dozens
of instances and hundreds of queries.

I'll make a note inside the class that this and that method is not the only
place the data is
accessed, to also check inside the report.

Sometimes, you've just gotta compromise to get the job done.  Most of the time,
OOP is a good
idea, but in this instance I don't think it's the best choice.

It's less elegant but more pragmatic.  Our project is medium-sized (only about
10K lines) and this
will work just fine.  (It makes me wonder if enterprise-class OO projects had
to make the same
decisions.)

Thanks to everyone for your input.  I need to unsubscribe from the list, so if
you have any input,
please CC: Chris (AT) deVidal (DOT) tv (my real email address).  You might get
an automatic reply,
click the link.

CD

Think you're a good person?  Yeah, right!  ;-)
Prove it and get ten thousand dollars:
TenThousandDollarOffer.com