On Tue, October 24, 2006 8:22 am, Steve Lane wrote:
> I have a job posting for a junior PHP programmer. Are there any of the
> PHP
> mailing lists to which it would be appropriate to post that?

PHP-General would be appropriate, I think, unless we get flooded with
job offers.

> If not, can anyone recommend a good place to post, especially a place
> that
> might be read by many people with specifically PHP skills?

I would suggest that job postings that are non-telecommute should have
the city/region in the Subject: line.

Your local PHP User Group and Linux User Group are probably a better
place for a non-telecommute job, actually.

There are, of course, many job sites such as Dice and Monster that
will let you post for a "small" fee.

There is a nice list here of sites that publish PHP-related job
opportunities:
http://us2.php.net/links.php
near the bottom of the page.
Presumably those that are listed are the more active ones in PHP jobs.
If that's where PHP job-seekers are looking, that's where you should
consider posting.

I would add craigslist to that list, though with craigslist you have
to sift through job offers with "great ideas" which are completely
unworkable and the pay scale is ludicrous.  YMMV

And, of course, your local head-hunters may be able to put decent
candidates in front of you.  Or not.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?