Thank you all

but the problem is that I don't have root access to the server to
create daemon :)

so if I just run the script in background with 30 seconds sleep and
someone reboot the server  (or the script dies for any reason ) I will
lose my process :)

any other ideas ?

is it possible to link the script to my php interface (the one that
the users is using it) and if the php interface page will run the
script (IN background) if it didn't run for the last 30 seconds ? I
see  this is very hard and almost impossible , what do you think ?

PS: also I need to make sure no more than 1 process of the script is running :)

On 10/30/06, Dave Hamber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sorry, slight adjustment, make that $t=time()-31; in the first line so
that the script runs immediately.

 > You could run the script as a daemon. man daemon.
 >
 > The sloppy way of running the script every 30 seconds would be to use
sleep(30), but that would cause the script to run at 30 seconds +
execution time.

--

Ahmad
http://www.v-tadawul.com