How does php decide what timezone a user is in? Although I am in
Haifa, Israel (GMT+2), when I go to a page with date("e") I get
"America/New_York" displayed.

To confirm, could some users tell me what output they get on:
http://what-is-what.com/what_time_is_it.php

Let me know where you are in the world, and what timezone you are in
to confirm/ deny the correctness of the php date function. Any advise
on how to get the correct user's timezone would be most appreciated.

Note: I have considered matching the users' IP against a database, but
I'd prefer a simpler method, without the overhead of such a database.
Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/
http://essentialinux.com/