"Johnson, Kirk" wrote:

> [...]

I thought of a workaraound for Netscape and would like some
feedback on how to do it and whether it is a good idea.

I manually edited the session file and Netscape was able to read
the variable on subsequent pages.  It just can't seem to write
it.

So I thought, until Netscape 4.x is more of a gonner, I could
have my own custom_session_register() function that can open the
file and write the info manually.

2 questions.
1) Is there some reason that this would be a bad idea?

2) What is the format of the file? My file contents are
testing|s:24:"Let's see if this works.";

So that is
variable_name|what is the s for? scalar
maybe?:value_length?:value in quotes;

And I'm assuming that a newline delimits the variables? Sorry,
haven't tried a test with more than one variable yet.

Jennifer