On Wed, November 8, 2006 7:06 am, clive wrote:
> Richard Lynch wrote:
>> On Tue, November 7, 2006 12:42 am, Pieter du Toit wrote:
>
>>> What can i do?
>>
>> Disable the mail() function bit in your code that processes the FORM
>> submission.
>>

> you could also use a cool class I once found, google/search for
> phpmailer, it has a nice bit of code that allows you to connect
> directly
>   to a smtp server, so you can bypass the php mailer function.
>
> what can also to do is write all the info your about to email to a log
> file, this way you could at least see what these spammers are doing.

Errrr.

That's almost-for-sure just going to make your Open Relay work faster
and better for the spammer, rather than actually shut them down.

You can log the email you are about to send just as easily either way.

Though phpmailer *MAY* have sanity checks for the data input that stop
the spammers -- that's not been described within this post.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?