Please Do you have some examples of using the package File_Archive?. I'm
having much problem to use this package. The documentation in
http://pear.php.net/package/File_Archive is very poor.
For example, I can't extract a file from a gz or zip file.
thanks in advantage

On 3/27/06, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

nicolas figaro wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using php 4.3.11 on linux RH9.
>
> I'd like to open a .Z archive with gzopen.
> I looked at the options of gzopen, but I'm not sure there is a way to
> specify the compression used by compress/uncompress.
>
> Has anyone ever tried and done this yet ? (without a system("uncompress
> $file")

Since a compressed file isn't the same as a gzipp'ed file I'd guess this
won't work.

This might:

http://pear.php.net/package/File_Archive

but it doesn't mention .Z files specifically.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/