On Thursday 16 November 2006 21:25, amit hetawal wrote:
> Hello all,
> Am pretty new to the world of PHP. And am now stuck.
> Its like i am displayin the data from a database on to my webpage in
> the form of tables.
> but now i also want an option for the user to download the above data
> into an excel format for the offline use. I dont want to create the
> excel file for each of the webpage i am displaying as they are all
> dynamic so there can be many.
> is there a way so that only if user click the given link at the bottm
> of the page then only the data is transferred to excel.
> i.e how to i write the displayed data dynamically to the excel without
> storing anything on the server.
> I am able to config the pear:excelwriter but dont know hwo to get it
> working according to my requirements.
>
> please advice.
>
> thanks

Hi maybe 5 years ago I had same kind of problem.

I solve this way..

Excel 2000 has able to save excel document as web page.

I generate a excell page and format it.  Then I save it html. It was MS xml
format.

After  then that. I use my excel xml file as template for my datas. When user
click the link php connects to mysql then create ms xml formatted values then
combine with excell xml file.

If correct dll's are loaded, an excell sheet will show in IE. It behaves like
excel. Also you can easly save it excel file.

Regards

Sancar