A point that i think is importanto to say is.

The page which i just have <? echo "joão"; ?> without using smarty works
fine in any browser, the trouble is when the page is compiled by smarty.

""Nuno Vaz Oliveira"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu na mensagem
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi

I'm working on a site and I'm using the same encoding you
use and everything displays ok both in Firefox 1.5/2.0
and IE 6.

The only difference is that I have the ISO in small letters
and the tag terminator like this:

I can display João, Mão, Mãe, õ, and everything else
(todos os acentos e caracteres portugueses)

So, I think that the problem is not in the code because I
only use the meta and never use the header...

Hope this helps...

(Se precisares de alguma coisa em Português diz...
Mas sou novato no PHP)