On 27/11/06, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 27/11/06, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> >>

>> > Exactly for that reason I don't recommend that you use it. Just use
>> > <?php print $var; ?> as it's portable and doesn't add that much
>> > typing- certainly not enough to justify the headache.
>>
>> Good suggestion but it doesn't help if it's not his software that he
>> needs to get running ;)
>
> Actually, it does. He can global replace "<?=" with "<?php print" and
> be done with it. Then he could let the author of this non-portable
> software know that his 'shortcut' makes using the software difficult.
>
> Especially if it's not his own code (ie, code meant to be used by
> others) it should not depend upon short tags.

Well he could also change it with a htaccess :P

php_flag short_open_tags on

If it's for many files and he doesn't know perl (I don't either, but I
know that perl can search/replace many files with ease), then he could
override the php.ini settings in .htaccess. That, however, doesn't
solve the root problem: the use of short tags. If he needs the fix for
only one file, then open it in vi (or whatever gui app Macs use :) and
have at it.

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/html_email.html
http://song-lirics.com/