Eric Butera schrieb:

You almost have it.  What you need to do is if magic quotes is on,
then stripslashes and apply mysql_real_escape_string.  If magic quotes
is off only apply mysql_real_escape_string since php didn't escape
values for you.

Also in your mysql_real_escape_string I would suggest adding the
second parameter to your connection.

Isn't that what I have? Quote:

So I modified a little:
   public function smartQuote( $string )
   {
       if( get_magic_quotes_gpc() == 1 ) {
           return mysql_real_escape_string(stripslashes($string));
       }
       else {
           return mysql_real_escape_string($string);

if the MQ runtime is on / 1 stripslashes from string then apply mysql_real_escape_string?

[ So the documentation is wrong? http://ca.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-real-escape-string.php - Example 3. A "Best Practice" query ]

I will add the MySQL link identifier - cheers!

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
Johannes