On Thu, November 30, 2006 6:47 pm, Paul Novitski wrote:
> A templating system requires the processor to merge content with
> template.  An inline markup assembly system requires the processor to
> build the markup from function calls.  Where is the technique that
> doesn't take machine cycles?

You did NOT just compare a function call with an fstat and disk seek
and disk read as if they were equal?!!!

Show me *ANY* machine on the planet where those two options have
similar performance metrics.

>>You have to parse them.
>
> Not necessarily.  But if you do need to parse them, you need to write
> the parsing engine only once.

You mean all those templating languages are still on version 1.0 of
their parser?

I think not.

PHP at least has been fairly stable and BC in its development over the
years, in regards to what matters to a decent code layout structure --
So PHP is *MY* templating language, thank you very much.

>>Also you have to track and manage them.
>
> Yes, as you must manage all the files that make up a project.  Adding
> a few more isn't a burden, especially if they bring clarity and
> efficiency to the work.

Few?

Try 10 X as many for most templating solutions.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?